See more venues that offer Collagen
Collagen is the foundation of the connective tissue in your body. Without collagen, your body will start to break down because there would be nothing to hold the tissues and muscles together. It is very important for your health and depletion in collagen production of the body is linked with numerous health issues.
One of the most commonly observed symptoms of decreased collagen production is wrinkles and fine lines. When collagen production in the facial skin reduces, the skin starts to get thinner which leads to loss in fullness and its natural vibrancy and increase in the number and depth of fine lines. Disintegration of collagen is linked with age as after a certain age, collagen production decreases naturally. However, there are also external factors like increased exposure to sun, pollution, which also lead to depletion of collagen production and thus, increase in wrinkles.
Did you know that protein makes up 60 per cent of your body? Now, to emphasise how important collagen is, it has been found that collagen makes up 30 per cent of protein. It gives the skin its strength and power to renew the dead cells.
If you want to stimulate the production of collagen in your body, there are home remedies which facilitate it. Here are some natural foods that improve the collagen production in your body.
- Red vegetables contain an antioxidant called lycopene which is great for your skin.
- Lycopene acts as a natural sun block which decrease the damage received from sun and thus, increases the production of collagen.
- Start adding red vegetables like tomatoes and pepper to your diet and you will definitely notice a difference!
- Berries contain numerous antioxidants and are great for your overall health.
- However, one of the most notable things berries do is remove free radicals from your body and thus, stop them before them starts affecting your body negatively!
- This leads to an increased production of collagen.
- Add a fixed dose of blueberries and raspberries to your diet.
- Green vegetables are great for your health in numerous ways and one of them is increase in collagen production.
- Spinach and kale have been known to promote youthful skin as they enhance the levels of collagen in your body.
- These vitamin C rich veggies also protect against free radicals which is, all in all, amazing for your skin.
- Soy has been known to block ageing and all for good reasons.
- The plant hormones in soy stimulate collagen production and block the production of enzymes which promote ageing.
- Add soy milk, tofu, soy cheese to your diet.
Boost collagen production in your body for healthier and younger looking skin. These foods are easily available and will definitely help you achieve the results you have been vying for if you consume them frequently.