Reiki (pronounced ray-key) is a form of energy healing that promotes deep relaxation, clarity and wellbeing in a person. It works to corrects the imbalances in one’s energetic system and recharges areas that are low in vitality.
A Reiki treatment can help the whole person not just the symptoms of a dis-ease or illness and is able to go beyond the spiritual state to benefit a person’s mental, emotional and often, their physical health too.
The word Reiki means ‘spiritual life force energy’ in Japanese. It is the universal energy that exists in every living creature, keeping us vital, humming and growing.
Rei meaning ‘Spiritual or Sacred’ and ki ‘life force energy’. When a person is feeling stressed, anxious or fatigued they are often running low on ‘life force energy’ – so the goal of Reiki is to remove negative energies and restore positive energy and strength back into a person so they can function at their optimum level of health again.
For generations, many have used Reiki to successfully to heal themselves and others. However, it can be so much more than that. As a complete spiritual and healing system taught by Mikao Usui since the 1920s (the Founding Father of Traditional Japanese Reiki) it can provide a beautiful pathway to Enlightenment as giving or receiving Reiki, enables a person to connect to their deepest level of Self – that is, God or the Universe.
- Anxiety/ Depression
- Mental imbalances or illnesses
- Fatigue or lack of energy
- Low Libido
- Help resolve grief
- Those recovering from accidents, surgery or trauma or chronic illnesses assists in speeding up natural healing process
- Office workers/ Corporates feeling stressed or burnt out
- Creatives/ Artists/ Writers’ block
- Those in high risk/ high pressure occupations feeling drained or burnt out eg. law enforcement, emergency workers, medical professions, counsellors, teachers etc.
- Pregnancy: During and after birth to help ease tension, pain and stress on Mothers. Also provides comfort to the baby
The Reiki practitioner connects and transfers healing energy (ie. from God/ Universe/ Nature) to a person to remove negative or unwanted energies and boosts them wth positive energies that will enhance the body’s natural healing ability as well as improving their overall wellbeing.
During the treatment, the practitioner follows a traditional pattern of hand positions to connect and transfer healing energy to a person. They will place their hands without pressure, on or above certain areas of a person's body, working through specific spiritual zones known as 'chakras' from head to feet - to allow pure energy to move through.
Once a person’s energy system has been cleansed and restored back to balance – they can feel the benefits of this immediately or a few days after a treatment.
- Increased energy levels
- Reduction in stress, anxiety and pain - bringing one back to a calm and peaceful state
- Assist in healing illness and strengthening immune system (eg. shortens recover time)
- Healing hurtful experiences from past and present
- Increased clarity and confidence so that one can function at their most inspired, creative and intelligent 'True Self'
Author: Lee Luu, Founder of Sacred Not Scared